Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Leavin' on a Jetplane

This is a sad day. It's my last day in the sunny warmth of Maui. I'm flying back to Spokane today. I went to the ocean last night to say goodbye. It was sad, as well. It didn't even have the energy to give me a sunset. The sun just dipped down behind a thick layer of clouds. My flight leaves tonight at 7 p.m. I haven't flown during night hours since Africa, and I'm sorta excited. It makes the trip go by SO much faster! As long as I have some 'lully' music (as Dad would say), I can sleep through just about anything. I've already got my 'list of things to do' upon arrival back in Spokane. It's rather long, I must admit. But what can I say, I'm a planner. I'm very excited to spend Halloween with BOTH my sisters this year - it will be a treat after feeling so far removed for so long.

It might be a surprise to some of you that I'm coming home early, but it was a decision made several weeks ago. Although I LOVE it here, and am planning to come back many more times, I honestly didn't see the need to spend more time and money here on the island when I had things to get back to in Spokane.

Bunny and I are about to go out for breakfast which I'm personally very excited about. Just a few loads of laundry, a bit of packing, some good music, and I should be ready to leave for the airport. I'm always a bit jumpy on travel days, so hopefully this goes well.

As a side note... I risked my life yesterday! Bunny and I drove around the west end of the island yesterday. She tried to tell me how narrow the road was. How there was only enough room for one car. How rental cars aren't allowed, but people do it anyway. How it was cliff on one side and mountain on the other. But these things can't truly be understood unless you actually see them for yourself. As you can see by the pictures below, it was all worth it for the beautiful scenery. But truly, I risked my life yesterday! The road was so terrifying. Sorry I don't have any pictures of the road. I was too busy holding my breath and sitting still.







2 comments:

KOC said...

Happy travels tonight! AWESOME pictures, and actually you can see the road in the second picture down. Scary! You look cute and very tan :)

John said...

Have a wondeful trip Cait, it was so fun reading about your excapades on the islands while you were on it. That said, the Seahawks won!!!!!! hehe