Tuesday, October 14, 2008

A Nice, Loooooooong Walk

Aloha! Things have been busy around here lately since Laura is packing up and preparing to leave for France this evening. She's been trying to get everything in order for us while she's gone (bills, keys, etc.).

Yesterday was pretty unproductive since I'm staying out of the sun for while (strange skin problems with my shoulders...) so I just did a few errands and enjoyed the house.

Today I got up at the crack of dawn (REALLY!) and left the house at 6:15 for a long beach walk. I had heard of this stretch of beach that runs 5 miles without an interruption (such as resort grounds or natural rock barriers). Being my father's daughter, I thought I'd try it out. Well, it took me 45 minutes just to get to the stinking START of the 5-mile stretch. It wasn't quite where I had it placed in my head... Well, I had it right, they just added a few more barriers to the ones I already knew about down the shoreline.

In any case, once I started the beach walk I loved it. And since it was so early in the morning, very few people were out to crowd my view. It was 8:45 by the time I got to the end, and found there wasn't easy access from the shore to the actual town's center (although you could tell lots of people have tried to find one because every ten feet right toward the end is a "PRIVATE! DO NOT ENTER!" sign. Instead of walking the extra half-mile around into town, I just ate my cereal on the beach and took a little break.

The walk back started to give me some problems. My knee joints and feet started to a bit more like jello and raw bone in all the wrong places. So once I got back to the start of the beach stretch, I had Bunny come pick me up. None of this 45-minutes-back-to-the-house business.

I really liked the walk, though. It was interesting to see so many different types of beaches in one continuous, long one. I even found a nice shell-grooming spot, so my collection for Scott's mom is starting to look substantial.

This afternoon I went to the store for more groceries and have just been doing this and that. Tomorrow I'm going to check out a craft fair, and perhaps the day after that Bunny and I will go to the winery up country. We'll see. I don't want to over-book myself or anything. :)

Hope all is well!

I am a crab and a peach and coconut Italian creme soda.

1 comment:

John said...

i wonder if you could ship me a sea turtle? i really like them, try your best. I am a fern today.