Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First Afternoon

I'm currently eating Waffle Crisp cereal from the box and it tastes exactly like regular waffles. And you all know how much I love those so I'm in good shape right now. I've pretty worn out already, although it's only 3:44 in the afternoon. Laura and I got some coffee (oh my goodness! the coffee was amazing!) and some breakfast (bagel with cream cheese... my total bill was over seven dollars!) this morning and then she took me around the area to see all the great beaches and stores nearby. I'm very thankful she's helped me so much!
Once we got back I met one of my housemates, Bunny, who is a great-grandmother (but looks fantastic!!!) and a very fun person. I think it'll be wonderful to have her around.
I took off for several hours of beach walking after that. It honestly wasn't too productive because I walked up the beach to the right and it was mostly just seaweed-covered sand. Nevertheless, it was great exercise, I had a beautiful view and I'm working on my tan. :) Tomorrow I will tackle the left side, which Laura told me would be the best side from the get-go, I just wanted to see for myself. :)
I took some time to settle into my room once I got back. It's very big, actually, and Laura has a drum set and piano in there, so I like the vibe a ton. She has a very eclectic taste because she's traveled a lot (Indonesia, Asia, Europe) so her house is pretty fun. It's nice and shady from all the trees outside (Jill, tell Freddy that I've met some of his relatives). The front door leads directly into the living room/dining room, and straight ahead is the kitchen and then my room beyond that, but there is a hallway to the right between the dinning room and kitchen that leads to the bathroom and several other bedrooms. I have a sliding glass door (yes, that locks) out the back of my room that leads to backyard. There's a washer out there and Laura has a 'solar powered dryer' (which means a clothes line) set up out there, too.
I love it so far. Well... it's a bit windy here. And my Ellensburg amigos know how much I love the wind... But Laura says today was unusually windy. Oh, and my tarantula friend moved from his spot, so they must not be as stationary as Laura made them seem... Ek!
All in all, though, I've had a great first day. Don't worry too much about me!

No comments: