Thursday, October 2, 2008

Maui Galleries Gallore!

I picked up a few publicity/advertising-driven magazines while I was in the airport the other day and was so intrigued by some of the artists they promoted that I just had to share a few links with you. The first is Andrew Gonzalez, who makes paintings that almost look like sculptures. The second is Vladimir Kush, who paints so surreal my mind just lights up when I look at his work. Unfortunately, his website sucks, so I suggest you just Google his name and look at the images provided.
Lahaina is the most popular town on Maui for artists, and I think both of these artists are showing work there. It's a pretty posh place from what I here, though. Well, not really posh, but it's got everything (amazing beaches, great eats, all the artsy things you can think of) so I'm pretty sure the real estate there is through the roof.
More later!

1 comment:

KOC said...

I really like Vladimir Kush :)