Monday, September 29, 2008

The Weekend News

I took several days off blogging while a friend was in from out of town. For the third time in a row, I have somehow managed to not find the right baggage claim area and had to resort to the ol’ ‘I’m outside walking under the skywalk, where are you?’ cell phone conversation. I mean really, the Spokane airport is not that big. HOW is it that I get turned around!?

I have exciting news! My very first book review ever has been published! I gave the editor of Eve Magazine a copy of my poetry book, What It Takes, several months ago when it first was released, but my hopes of publicity diminished as the time wore on. Lucky for me, however, he had another poetry book in mind to review so he assigned a writer to read both books and write two reviews to run on the same page. I heard from the editor early in the week that the October issue would run a review of my book, so I spent most of my time worrying if it would be a positive or negative. Fortunately, it was fairly straightforward and wasn’t opinionated. Please check it out on Eve’s website under the ‘regular features’ section. It is toward the bottom of the book review page.

I walked several miles of the Centennial Trail this weekend with my friend and absolutely loved it. Even though it was fairly flat, we kept a quick pace and ended up sweating a bit. We chose a section of trail right next to the Spokane River along Upriver Drive and the high river level made for a beautiful scene. I can’t wait to see more of the trail.

I am a fuzzy dragon and a mimosa.

1 comment:

KOC said...

AWESOME! Here is the link to her review for those of you looking for it:
http://www.evespokane.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=122&Itemid=31

YAY Cait!