Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Tattoos




Tattoos are a paramount interest of mine right now. I just recently took the plunge of having the whole right side of my abdomen tattooed in a tribal design I created. After taking such a risk, however, now I can’t help but notice every other tattoo out there. My eyes are drawn to them. It’s not just, ‘oh, she has a tattoo on her arm,’ it’s ‘oh, she has a tattoo! It’s portrait with vines. She chose only to use a little green, and all the rest is black and shading. Good choice! Crazy to put a portrait on her arm though! Mad guts. I wonder if she’s from Spokane, and if she got it done here…’ and on and on.

The coffee shop I worked at is very close to a tattoo shop, so the tattoo artists often stopped through. Since I’m such a chatter, I ended up getting to know them fairly well and decided to use them for my own tat work. After spending some time in their shop (4 hours under the needle in the front room, during which people who came in looking to inquire about prices and design ideas), it really got me thinking about the scope of tattoos. Of course there are those horrible mistake tattoos. But some can be incredibly tasteful, or entirely perfect for the individual, or even intellectual. Today I dedicate my page to tattoos that I find fantastic, and perhaps it’ll give you a little spark of imagination. Because it’s always fun to wonder what tattoo you’ll get next.

Today I am a peach/raspberry iced tea and a koala bear.

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Okay, today I will be a grapefruit and a 16oz drip coffee with room for cream.

Herbal Amanda said...

Goodness we are adding a drink to what we are now? I am a large mug of earl grey tea and a panda (because I had a dream about panda's last night).

KOC said...

Komodo Dragon. Beer.