Saturday, September 13, 2008

Inspiration



I've been hungry for some inspiration lately. Fashion, music, architecture, interior design, all of it. Today's blog is an ode to all that inspires me today. If you need a little inspiration, check out the following subjects and maybe you'll get a breath of fresh air.

Keri Hilson's song 'Engery.' She has a powerful voice that can convey emotion and depth at the drop of a hat.

Chris Brown's song 'Forever.' I know I'll get sick of it soon, and it's really your typical pop song, but it's SO much fun!

All the shoes at Nordstroms right now. I especially am curious about the heels that look like boots, but they end at the top of the ankle. I'm sure there's a name for it, but I'm new to this whole shoe-addict thing.

I'm into coats with MASSIVE collars, too. Huge. Like, almost taller than my head. Like, I have to wear my hair up in order to compete with it.

Wearing BRIGHTLY colored coats with dark outfits.

Pushing the limits with eye makeup. More colors, more designs, more vibrancy, enhancing the overall theme of the outfit.

Travis Barker. He's the drummer of a band who hasn't had a song out in quite a while. And yet he's taking what he loves and infusing it all over the place! The Game has Travis 'featured' on a song on his new album, signifying Travis as an independent artist. He was also the entertainment, along with DJ AM for the MTV Video Music Awards. Just him with his drum set and the dj with his turn tables. And it sounded great. Props to him for reinventing his passion.

Paramore. They look young (I don't know how young they actually are), but I have major props for the way they can rock like they were born for it.

(photos courtesy of Nordstrom.com and elevenboutique.com)

2 comments:

KOC said...

I found your blog!
I love this entry, its hilarious. Esp. the one about giant coat collars. I'm imagining you walking around Spokane with a big fluffy giant collared-coat and beehive hair. Also you made me want to go shoe shopping ;)

KOC said...

also you should have a prettier background he he