Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The County Fair

I went to the Spokane County Fair for the first time yesterday and I think midweek is the best time to see it! It was mostly just me, my boyfriend and a bunch of seniors. And seniors make great company. They're awfully cute to watch. Most of them were crowded around an old-timer band performing live, with the cutest white-haired lead singer you've ever seen. There were 3 ladies dressed in flapper outfits on either side of the band who looked like they were about to break out dancing at any moment, but they must've only been there for looks, because they just swayed to the music in unison.
It seems as though Spokanites rank food as their top priority because I've never seen so many food choices to choose from at a fair before. Nevertheless, ours was cold and sub-par. Go figure. I did, however, enjoy the historic tribute Spokane's fair pays to the local railroad and agriculture businesses. There were some cool antique tractors to look at and a 5-car train you could walk through to learn what working on a train was like back in the day.
The bunnies and the photography was also a highlight, but that's just because I can never get enough of either. Check out the Polish roosters while you're there, though. They will crack you up. :)

No comments: