Sunday, September 21, 2008

Falling in Love with Inanimate Objects

Today certainly feels like the first day of fall. It’s been raining since I got up this morning at 9:30 and my fingers have been cold all day. Those are two very prominent signs of a season change. I’m not complaining, though, because the cold weather helped motivate me to get a few photo album projects out of the way. Plus, I found my long-lost Remember the Titans soundtrack, which my friend Grace burned for me many years ago, and it has kept the rainy-day blues away.

Today is Scott’s football day. It starts with a league game he plays at a local park, then he comes home to catch the Seahawks (their 0-2 record doesn’t leave much hope for the season, but he’s still a true fan), and sometimes, when the Hawks’ game is over, he’ll go watch his friends’ games (they each have claim on different NFL teams). I opted out of the league game today since it was so chilly (I know, I’m a bad girlfriend…) so I’m currently watching my first game of the day (although, since I’m writing this blog at the same time, you can imagine how invested I am). We have been up for most of the game so far. Yay!

I watched The Bucket List with Scott several nights ago. It didn’t exceed my expectations, but it was everything I thought it would be. The previews have given away most of the best punch lines, as well as the full extent of the plotline, so there really aren’t any surprises. Nevertheless, it is a great movie with some great actors. There is a scene, however, involving a Shelby (in reference to automobiles) and Scott had to ask what a Shelby was. I was very very saddened by this, at the thought that some people can’t point out a Mustang when they see one, nor have a jaw-drop reaction when looking at any 67-69 Mustang model. I therefore dedicate today’s entry to the Mustang in the hopes that those who read it will never let their eyes lazily pass by a Shelby or Eleanor again without seeing their beauty, or, if nothing else, knowing I love them madly.

Today I am a hot 16oz double-shot vanilla chai and a polar bear.

4 comments:

Jillian said...

Vanilla Chair? : )


Bloody Mary/Badger

Jillian said...

Oh, PS, I like the new design!

KOC said...

I think you are being too downcast on the Seahawks, as it is the very beginning of the season and they will get some hurt players back in a few weeks.

Today I am a monarch butterfly and a pumpkin spice latte.

John said...

To me Caitlin, this post is very sad as well. Scott must be learned in the ways of the Mustang, please teach him what you must so that he may fully appreciate a Shelby Cobra when he see's one. http://www.serpentexpress.com/images/se_nm_1915.jpg