Thursday, September 18, 2008

Birthdays Make the Best Excuses

The more rules I give myself, the more I break them… Or so it seems today. After unreservedly determining to watch my eating and improve my exercise habits within my last two weeks stateside, I’ve since eaten four bowls of ice cream. Not all at once… but within the span of 2.5 days. Not the best start you’ve ever heard of, huh? That got me thinking of my complete lack of motivation last week that somehow managed to grow out of my best efforts to tackle my ‘list of things to do before I leave.’ As soon as I set high standards of productivity, it all went down the drain.

My excuse today is that it is Scott’s birthday. Which isn’t really an excuse at all when you take into account he is still at work and won’t be home for another 2 hours at least (it already being 1 p.m.). The day isn’t completely ruined, however. I worked a bit on some writing projects that I will, at some point, get paid for. I also am getting my fill of musical delights. Elton John has been on my playlist a lot lately, as well as some great dance beats (shout out to my college roomies who put up with my bazaar tendency to mix music genres). We will probably go out tomorrow night to celebrate Scott’s birthday with his close friends, and I assume some dancing may be in order. It’s been nearly 5 months since I went to a club, so I’m looking forward to it.

In an effort to return some relevance to this blog, I’ll end with some thought provoking questions.

Has the media’s obsession with the Presidential election concerned anyone else? (i.e. newscasters who, in an attempt to fill round-the-clock news coverage, project their own opinions, disguising them as facts. Or the way they eat up any bread crumb of scandal as if it were the very first time scandal ever appeared on earth.) Thank goodness for Jon Stewart who has the easy job of making fun of them.

I heard of the radio that MTV’s top show, TRL (Total Request Live), will be shutting down within a month. How did it last this long? Good riddance, I say.

Is it okay to rearrange someone’s house without telling them? If they really want an improvement, but don’t know where to start? Is it okay to just do it for them? :)

Today I am orange cream smoothie and an octopus… if that octopus was smiley and catching a leisurely ride across the ocean on the underbelly of a pirate ship.

1 comment:

KOC said...

yeah your college roommates freakin rock