Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Early Turkey Day

Today is bittersweet. I get to go home with Jill and Gord for the holiday, but last night was very rough on Scott, so I feel like I'm leaving him when he needs someone the most. He had a reaction to the pain meds (we think) and threw up most of the night. And if you can imagine what it must feel like to have tummy acid come up through your scabbed throat (exposed muscle only barely covered with a white 'membrane' as they call it), times that by 20 and I bet we'd have a fair idea. He's still on a diet of soup, ice cream, yogurt and the like.

I'll be at my parent's house until Sunday, so I hope you'll all excuse me if I don't write while I'm there. Dial-up is hard to settle with once you've gotten used to wireless.

In other news, Offspring has a new album out and every time I hear their sound I think of my eighth grade year and the summer after. Offspring was HUGE in my hometown for a while. It sounds like this album is doing great as well.

GUESS WHO HAS A NEW ALBUM COMING OUT IN JANUARY!? BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN! I can't wait!

Today I am a sad kitten and hot cocoa (but not hot enough to burn).

No comments: