Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Connected Yet Again!

HURAYYY! We got the internet at the house yesterday so I can, once again, blog as often as possible and check my email constantly (a habit I got used to in college and haven't quite broken yet). It will also greatly advance my efforts to look for a new job, since most of that sort of thing is done via internet these days.

Today is overcast again today... I was so excited to see a little blue sky last evening during the sunset (WHICH IS AT 4:30 P.M. THESE DAYS!!! Grr...), it was the first time I saw the color blue in nearly a week. I had my hopes up that today would be sunny and clear. We need the warmth to dry out the pile of leaves in the backyard so we can haul them away.

I've been reading a GREAT book that Grace lent me and I'm already halfway through it. Which is quite a feat for me, since it usually takes several weeks for me to finish a book. (Well, I'm usually employed, too). It's about a man who lives in Alaska and I love all the scenery he describes.

I played my first game of pool in a month and a half. It wasn't very encouraging, but at least it let me know I have some practice to do. Hopefully Scott and I will play again today since it's Tuesday is "Lady's Day" at Far West and we get to play for free. After trying out the table at Lefty's bar, and discovering a great sticky sensation whenever your hand brushed against the rail, we figured it was time to find something classy again.

Today I am a lizard (because I wish I was very hot right now, not shivering under several layers) and a 16 oz maple mocha.

No comments: