Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Greetings! Sorry it's been so long between entries. For not having a job, I tend to stay fairly busy! First of all, I must start off by encouraging you all to listen to The Beatles today. Right now, if at all possible. I finally finished that great book I had mentioned before, in which the author speaks highly of the band. Eventually he wore me down and I put some Beatles on my playlist. It has some strange way of making everything feel more in place, a little lighter, a little easier.

I've had a busy couple of days. Friday night we enjoyed the delights of The Davenport bar, which is horribly overpriced in the beer selection, but mighty tasty in the margarita/hot drinks section. Much thanks to Tim, my friend who works there, and Marry, our waitress.

Saturday was the 15th, and since Scott would be working the next day and I would be rafting, we tried to celebrate our anniversary (7 months) early.

Sunday was crazy-fun, although incredibly cold. I rose early to catch a ride to the Cashmere/Leavenworth area for a rafting trip. Much thanks to all those who supplied what made up my wet-suite outfit. I must've borrowed gear from 4 different people, but I ended up with a setup that kept me pretty warm (save my feet... which I couldn't feel by the end of the 5-hour trip. I could only tell that walking on the rocky, muddy ground made my feet ache, yet the ability to tell temperature at that point had failed.) While we started with 7 kayaks and 4 people in the raft, we ended with 5 kayaks and 5 people in the raft! No worries, no one died. But one kayak did get cracked and one member bailed halfway through (don't worry, he walked to a nearby bridge and got a cushy ride in a cop car back to his truck). The water was INTENSE! The biggest I've ever been on and very thrilling. I'd love to do it again, but perhaps it warmer weather. :)

Yesterday was Scott's last day of freedom before his surgery today. He was rather afraid he might not make it through the procedure (too many horror stories to listen to these days) so he tried to live yesterday like it was his last, which included a stop at Azteca for some great food. The procedure today (getting his tonsels and adnoids removed) went very well, although it took longer than expected because, to be quite honest, his tonsels were much larger than the doctor expected them to be. He's sleeping right now and I'll keep careful watch over him for the next week to two weeks; this sort of recovery isn't quick, nor easy. Hopefully I'll make good use of his sleep hours by applying to more jobs. To be frank, however, it isn't a very thrilling or upbeat process; it just gets a little more depressing with every rejection letter.

Much love and cheer! Today I am a rabbit and a warm chai.

1 comment:

KOC said...

Dont tell Scott I said this, but I had my tonsils taken out when I was younger and I remember how bad it hurt! Its like knives in your throat. Hope it goes better for him. Hang in there Cait!