Thursday, November 20, 2008

Another Day in Sweatpants

Greetings! I didn't win my pool game last night... I played against a 1 and she beat me (I'm a 2), but she had a REALLY good game. I didn't play poorly; I played my usual nervous, okay way, but she put two down with every rack she broke and she was playing above her rank. Much thanks to Tom (one of my teammates) who always has a way of making me feel like I don't suck as completely as I think I do. He's always telling me that 'it was a tough shot,' that 'she's having a good night,' and 'you've got the right idea.' It's good to have a fan squad!

I must take this opportunity to tell you all about a band I really like. Granted, I've only listened to about 6 of their songs, but I love them so much that I can't move past these 6 to hear news ones quite yet; I haven't soaked up all I can from these first ones yet. The band is Theory of a Deadman and they sound very similar to Nickleback (the majority of stuff you'll find on their record, not the slow dumb songs the radio chooses to play). If you don't like Nickleback, I wouldn't recommend them, but if you do... VERY good stuff.

It's Scott's third day of recovery and it's supposed to start getting worse. He says he's a ten out of ten on the pain scale, ten being the most painful. So today is another day in sweatpants for us. I'm going to work a bit more refining that book I copy edited in Maui and check out a website for freelance writers.

For all my friends who don't know about Jillian's blog, please check it out to find pictures from Halloween. They are VERY entertaining! :) Her most recent post is about our president-elect, but if you scroll down you'll find the pictures. Enjoy!

Take care everyone! Today I am a dolphin and a thick mango smoothie.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Thanks for the shout-out, K8. Also, for pics of Caitlin in full river gear, check out www.ewukayakclub.blogspot.com .

Today I am a glass of orange juice and a mantaray in the puget sound.