Thursday, October 8, 2009

Record Time

Several of my pool teammates always give me a hard time for taking at least an hour to finish a match. (Well, they give me a hard time about everything, but still.) Try as I may, I always tend to stretch the game a bit longer than the others on my team, whether I'm winning by a landslide, losing horribly, or tied straight up the middle the entire game.

As usual, I took my full hour to play last night. I played against a 3 (I am a 2) and we ended up being fairly well matched up; neck and neck most of the game. He did, however, tend to always get at least one down on the break, and also got far more 9 balls in than I (9 balls are worth 2 points, instead of the usual 1). So, alas, I lost last night. But it was only by THREE, so I'm feeling rather okay about things. In all honesty, I haven't been practicing like I have in the past, and have only played 3 official games so far this session, so I'm pretty thrilled about how I held up.

Another great bonus was the other matches seemed to fly right by, so I was able to sit in an all but one of them. (I tend to like a 10:30 bedtime, and pool often runs until midnight, so I only get to watch the first few.)I kept score most of the night, as we've discovered our teammate who usually keeps score actually does quite a bit better if he practices ALL night first. So we switched it up a bit and we're hoping for the best. When I left we were 2 for 4, with 1 match left. We're currently hold up the last seat in the league. But hey, as Bruce says, "From small things, momma, big things one day come."

Today I am a turnip.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Aw, you are just the cutest little turnip ever!! : )

Today I am a strawberry milkshake!