Saturday, October 24, 2009

Fish Ideas

In my recent search for new and interesting tattoo ideas, I had a fish theme in mind. You see, I have a particular person in mind who has been considering a fish tattoo for some time. I've included a few pictures below that I think might help start the brainstorming process.

First of all, fish tattoos open up a huge opportunity to play with color. Although a black and white design would match well with this person's love of the 'traditional' style, I think adding a splash should at least be considered.

I've also chosen pictures that show fish in different positions... As in, twisted different ways.

Placement is another aspect to decide on. Most of the fish tattoos I found were part of a larger tattoo; usually either a full sleeve or a full back design. Although these are beautiful, I would advice starting small and finding a cute, unique place to put it. And that all depends on the particular person and what part of their body they are most comfortable/happy with.

And, last but not least, I added some angel wings. I happen to like angel wings when they are done right. Unfortunately, they are done wrong quite often. Small wing tattoos at the base of the neck or ankle are particularly great. I wanted to post these wings and see what you thought of them. Give me some feedback!






Today I am a penguin. That later will be dressed up as a green fairy for a Halloween-esque fundraiser. :)

3 comments:

Jillian said...

Oh, I really like that last one! Such gorgeous colors!!

Thanks for thinking of me!

What with the rain and all, today I'll be a fish.

Cait the Bait said...

Do you think you HAVE to have two fish? I mean, it goes with your sign well... but does your sign mean a lot to you? For that matter, do FISH mean that much to you? I'm just trying to think outside the box. Refresh my memory on how attached you are to this idea. It is a GREAT idea! Don't get me wrong. But the fish you liked wouldn't really go well with second fish right beside it.

Crazy John said...

I enjoy your posts so much Cait, if only i had the cajones to get a tatoo.

http://koifishtattoo.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/2006938951.jpg

Something like that would be awesome. Anyway, today i feel like a Tucan and I am listening to Vampire Weekend - Exit Music.