Thursday, October 15, 2009

BAR FIGHT!

All kinds of excitement transpired last night at pool! We played at a strange bar in Spokane Valley. I say 'strange' because the oddest group of people flocks to this funny little place. It has three pool tables, black lights for Karaoke, and my personal favorite: the doors to both bathrooms ALWAYS stay open, and I made the mistake of using the first stall in the line; you can see very clearly through the huge cracks between the boards that create the line of three stalls.

ANYHOW! Back to the pool event. I was the third on our team to play, but I kept up my 'record time' by only taking half an hour! That meant I was able to watch some of the fourth game before heading home. And, ahem, I WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I won 17-3, no less! We've played against this particular team a number of times before, so I've been able to notice that the guy I was paired against last night can get a little intense sometimes. And I figured it didn't help that I was a 2, he was 4, and I was knocking his socks off. But he gave me a number of 'ball in hands' that worked out well for me, and I just couldn't miss. The hilarious Karaoke in the background might have had something to do with it. One of my teammates noticed the worse the song, the better I played. :) My opponent had a great attitude about the whole thing, which I really appreciated.

SO, what you've all been waiting for: CAITLIN'S FIRST BAR FIGHT! Well, I wasn't necessarily 'in' it. But I was near it. That counts, right? A groups of guys in their late 20s were hanging around and making all kinds of noise. Mostly nice stuff, but just generally being loud and obnoxious (one even sort of hit on me, which is rather strange once I found out later they seemed to just be looking for a fight - good thing I didn't overreact... like I've been known to do...). In any case, after an hour or so of this, one of the plastic (yes, plastic) windows nearly popped into the bar from the outside as these two guys in the parking lot started duking it out. Then, strangely enough (because usually it happens the other way around), the fight ended up coming INSIDE. These two guys seemed to be looking for a fight all night long and they managed to find a pretty decent-sized guy to fit the part. One ended up with his shirt ripped off, which was unfortunate, but they managed to get themselves back outside after a couple minutes. Then it just kept re-erupting in the parking lot... where all our cars were. So that was a little unsettling, but no harm done in the end. I donno... it was just a strange night. They didn't seem to want to end the fight. Lots of cussing and threatening before somehow someone got them both into two separate cars and off they went.

So, that's my story. See, being a pool hall girl can be exciting sometimes!

Today I am a rhino.

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Wowie. What a thrilling, dangerous life you lead. :).

Today I am a clam.

Crazy John said...

First of all, awesome job on knocking the pants your opponent (I say pants because you did more than just knock his socks off.) And also, i am relieved to know no damage was done to the Xb.