Saturday, December 6, 2008

Music, music, music!

Things have been moving slowly around here this week so there hasn't been too much to report on. I've been keeping busy, however, with a few new projects. I've taken up my drawing pencil again (don't tell Grandma, though!) and have been working on a family sketch for a Christmas present. I've also had some luck with the freelance website I signed up for. I'll be helping a Pastor in Philadelphia type up a book starting on Monday via telephone conference. The project is so incredibly random that I can barely believe it's true, but I suppose we'll see how it all goes on Monday.

I also made a massive discovery this week: GASLIGHT ANTHEM! I can't say enough great things about them! They're from Jersey. They're great musicians. They're lyrics are quality. They're sound is fantastic. I've been listening to them 24/7 for the past several days (okay, I exaggerated a little... but you get the idea). Music is freeing. I'm so thankful for it.

I've got a friend in from out of town this weekend. I picked her up from the airport yesterday and spent most of the day catching up with her. It was a great time. She's got lots of family in the area to visit, though, so we'll see if I see her again before she leaves.

Scott and I hung out with some friends of his last night and I was officially introduced to Rock Band. I know some will say 'video games are crap' and others might say 'why don't they just learn how to play real instruments' but there's something to be said for this game! It's not all about competition (you can either just jam with friends, go 'on tour,' or have band battles). I just think it fuels a passion for music and exposes the younger generation to a lot of music they wouldn't hear otherwise; they songs available to play range from Paramore to Sweet Home Alabama, from Matalica to Steve Miller Band. I mostly played the bass guitar because that's the simplest instrument, but the drums were my favorite! And although playing the game guitar is VERY different from the real instrument, the drums have a true similarity. Good stuff. I could spend hours playing this game and NOT feel like I wasted a day. Of course, some may say that's a strike against the game, but honestly, I'd be listening to music anyway. Why not play it?

Below is a picture of Scott's very first Christmas tree. I helped him a ton (or really, as I'm sure you expect, took the project over) and am very proud of how it turned out. The process was rather funny, since we both had very different ideas of what the tree should look like, but I think our compromise turned out looking great. My camera is very very poor quality. I apologize. But hopefully you'll get the idea. Blue lights, a few blue ornaments, candy-canes, and a variety of gold ornaments.

1 comment:

KOC said...

The tree is so pretty! Don't think I didn't notice that all the candy canes are facing the same direction. That's the Caitlin I know!