Sunday, December 14, 2008

Burr! It's cold

Hello hello! I'm taking it slow this chilly Sunday evening after a busy weekend full of friends and appearances. My best friend, Sara, flew in on Friday and I was able to pick her up and spend most of the day with her! Although she stayed at a downtown hotel to accompany her boyfriend to his work-related functions, I saw both of them a great deal and enjoyed the company VERY much! Cheers to the Davenport staff for putting up with so many loud, intoxicated construction workers, and cheers to my friend Tim who tried desperately to give us a tour of the building. It was so awfully busy this weekend at the Dav that most special ballrooms and places to show off were booked.

Scott and I attended the railroad's company party the following night and we were both pleasantly surprised by the experience. Free food and drinks were available, in addition to dancing and a raffle later on in the night. We managed to make some friends with the people at our table and enjoyed the limitless people-watching opportunities. Everyone couldn't stop talking about the cuts and furloughs the railroad will be implementing this week, but most people told Scott he had enough seniority not to need to worry much about it.

This morning Scott and I ATTEMPTED to see his niece sing a song at his mom's church with her Sunday school class. We were told the service started at 11 a.m., but found the parking lot full of cars but deserted of people when we arrived. The service, it turns out, had started at 10:30 s.m. so we missed the performance! :( O-well. I'm not sure his niece every knew the difference, since she saw us after the service was over.

My oldest sister and I worked on our family newsletter via phone today and I can't wait for you all to get a copy (please email me if you've never received one before!). We've got a great theme this year and it's coming together really well. Other than that, I've been steadily working on buying and wrapping Christmas presents and applying to jobs. Although I had two interviews within a week of each other, I didn't get either job. :( Back to square one! OY!

The only other thing left to say is MAN IS IT COLD!!! I want to go to the gym so bad, but that means I have to be cold for 10 minutes on the way there! My body just hasn't quite adjusted yet.

1 comment:

Jillian said...

...I see you stole my Snow Patrol songs...:)

Today I am a polar bear and a hot cup o' joe.