Saturday, December 20, 2008

Australia

I just got home from watching Australia. I had been wanting to see it for a while and I wasn't disappointed. LONG movie though! My goodness, very long. And I thought it was about to end at several different points that were definitely NOT actual ending, so I suppose that is a strike against it. Nevertheless, it had been a LONG time since I've seen a good western. I grew up watching The Man From Snowy River and wanted desperately to see something of that caliber. And it was. :) It might have just been that I was in a theater, and things are different in theaters, but I cried a tiny bit. Don't tell anyone, though! It was very refreshing to be exposed to a new culture in a familiar genre. Good drama, good action, good acting. Not so hot story development, but hey, you can't have everything.
P.S. To save you all the trouble, the older "King" character in the movie is the older partner in "Cocktail." I had to look it up once I got home. I didn't want anyone else to go through the same distraction I did while watching it. :)

No comments: