Thursday, December 4, 2008

Champion!

I am the champion! I won my pool game last night! I played so well! In all honesty, I wasn't really enjoying our opponents last night. They were boisterous, rambunctious... different. My game was the last one thrown for the night and for some reason I was overly nervous. Although I'm still ranked a 2, I was up against a 4 (doesn't happen very often - usually done for a 'quick win' - not a very gracious move on their part, but maybe they were out of players in my rank). And I just had an excellent night! I made a lot of shots I usually miss. Kudos to Scott, by the way, because I made another along-the-rail, 'hit it in the corner between the ball and the rail' shot. Only two more games in the session! :(

I've got a new band for you all to check out: The Gaslight Anthem. In my own words, they're a mix of The Killers, Bruce Springsteen and some other stuff... I think their old school lyrics mixed with their unique rock sound.

I watched The Polar Express for the first time the other night. I loved it. Even though it's made for kids, I was on the edge of my seat. Pretty pathetic, I know, but I love a good movie. I'm trying to get more into the 'Christmas Spirit,' but it sure is hard when there's no snow outside!

That's all for now. I hope you enjoy the new mix I posted today. I like it a ton. :) Today I am a cartoon caterpillar with a big grin and a white chocolate maple mocha.

2 comments:

KOC said...

yay! Good job beating the weird other team! Today I am a chai tea with a shot of espresso and a panda bear.

Jillian said...

Hey, thanks for the mix tape! Yes--I LOVE Gaslight Anthem. I think Jaima would totally love them too. Xmas gift, anyone?? :)

I also LOVE that new GBS song you have on there.

Congrats on the game! You are the best!