Thursday, July 1, 2010

Romantic

Following the incredible wedding weekend I just had, I thought it fitting to post this video of an amazing guitar duet that I think you'll love. How could you not? I've known about these two guitar masters for a couple years, but had never seen pictures of them. In fact, I never looked much past the beautiful sound they create to realize the 'band' is comprised of just a man and woman. Somehow, that makes the music they play more romantic. Rodrigo holds the strong backbone of the tune together while Gabriela seems to use that foundation to let her fingers dance all over the strings. The speed and precision of their fingers is incredible. I hope you enjoy it. If you like this song, it is WORTH IT to check out some of their other stuff.



As noted above, Sara's wedding was a complete success, an organizational masterpiece and the best time I've had in a years. Although I haven't seen many pictures of the evening yet, I did my part by dancing the night away and celebrating with many old friends.

I lost my pool game last night, but only by two and it was an even game all along. I managed to make a couple of pretty impressive shots, despite the outcome of the score. After having last week off, though, I feel like I could use some practice.

I'm going to Eatonville for the 4th of July and looking forward to it! Lots of explosives to watch and good people to hang out with.

Today I am a cheerful red caterpillar.

No comments: