Thursday, June 24, 2010

Wedding Weekend

I am taking Friday off work so I can dive into the wedding festivities of the weekend. I am INCREDIBLY excited.

We had a 'bye' week in pool, so nothing new to report there. Well, nothing besides the fact that I need to practice.

The weather seems to be turning around a bit, although we had a kickass thunder storm last night.

I've been listening to a lot of great music lately. I finally got my hands on Gaslight Anthem's new album, "American Slang." It is fantastic! Every bit as good as their first. I'm looking forward to spending some quality time with it on my long drive this evening.

I wanted to post two songs this week that have been making me smile a lot lately. The first is from a band that is almost a bit too hipster for me to handle, but this song feels like 'magic melting down my spine.' (P.S. I have no idea what's going on in this video... just go with it... As unbelievable as it might sound, this video is actually less strange than the official version. Which is traumatic, to say the least. In fact, I'd recommend not watching either video at all. Just listen to the music.)




The second is from a French band that does not speak English (from what I hear). But they sing their songs in English. Which I find interesting. But their sound is unique and always gets my toes tapping. :) And as it happens, the video rocks, too.



P.S. April Smith will be IN SPOKANE TONIGHT performing FOR FREE! Compliments of 96.9 The River. I'm not sure of the location, but check out The River's website for more info. I'm sad I can't go! Please go in my stead!

1 comment:

KOC said...

that Phoenix video could give someone a seizure!