Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Hi all! I am happy to report that the bachelor party for my cousin went off without a hitch, thanks to some wonderful friends willing to have a great time and celebrate the love of two fantastic people. It was especially great to meet Andrew, the groomsman from New Zealand, and learn about Kiwi ways.

I am also proud and relieved to report my dress for the wedding should be completed in less than a few hours! MUCH thanks to my sis, Jillian, for supervising this project. I couldn't have done it without you! I will take a picture of the dress and post it after the wedding - I am so thrilled that this project worked out!

The weather in Spokane has been happy lately. I am very thrilled about this.

On a more somber note, I need to post this amazing song by Eminem. Come on now, give it a shot. I know it's rap, and you don't like rap, but this song is really incredible. Eminem has put out some crazy stuff in the past, but his new album, Recovery, is about dealing with his addictions and turning his life around. It's rather inspiring, to be honest. He is the best lyricist I've ever come across in the rap world - that includes Tupac (although of course Tupac is RIGHT behind!!). So, give this song a nice long listen to, and make sure you can catch all the lyrics. It made me cry while I was sitting in traffic. Who knows, maybe it was just an emotional day for me. I've been in the type of relationship he's talking about, though, and I have yet to ever hear anything that comes so close to encompassing all the conflict and turmoil that occurs. Mad kudos.

Today I am a lazy river otter.


2 comments:

Jillian said...

Wow, that's pretty intense. I like the line: Maybe that's what happens when a tornado meets a volcano.

Still, I can't help but hear it and just think: what an idiot. What is it with people who purposefully make themselves unhappy?

Cait the Bait said...

I totally agree that they (both people in the relationship) are idiots. I'm not defending their supreme grasp on reality AT ALL. I'm just saying, as unfortunate as it is, these situations exist and they are incredibly hard to quantify. Yet this artist does it with ease. But ya... I have a thing against people who use other people to be happy...