Monday, June 14, 2010

Something Fresh

A friend of mine forwarded a link to music video for me to check out. She knows me well. :) I LOVED it. So much that I want to pass it on to you. I've checked out a few of her other songs. I'm impressed that she has a fair amount of acoustic stuff out there. Unfortunately, a lot of it seems to be teenage angst-ish. It might be worth looking at her other video "Cesar," but again, this bordered on the 'I'm young but trying really hard to show the world that I am raw and fierce." The song I'm posting, though, is incredible. The video is pretty darn amazing, too. Whoever directed it deserves quite a bit of credit for the fluid style and fashion conscience it has. I donno. Maybe you won't agree.

It's worth noting that the singer is Sting's daughter. You can tell she leans on his style in this song, although I couldn't tell it at all in the other stuff I listened to. In any case, I think that's why I like it so much; I have a tendency to enjoy music that has a touch of old-school mixed with new, fresh material.

She looks young still. I think she could have an amazing career ahead of her post this teenage angst phase.


I Blame Coco - Self Machine

No comments: