Monday, September 21, 2009

Playing Pool in the Dark

This past week turned out to be rather eventful at our pool match. It was the first time our new team member played (and man - she was quite the shark for the first several racks! She might turn out to be a 3 right off the bat!). She was the second on our team to play for the night. However, halfway through her second rack, the electricity at the bar went out! We all stood around in the dark for several minutes shouting out inappropriate jokes, but the lights never came back on! This happened at a bar on Sprague Street in the Valley area ... so it almost seemed fitting. But nevertheless, it put a cramp in our pool playing! We called around to other bars in the area and found an open table not too far away. It was a Thai bar that I'd never been to before, so I greatly enjoyed the people watching. I must say, however, it is slightly odd to see a 60-year-old, white-haired man behind the DJ booth and listen as one man in a white jump suite sings Karaoke to Justin Timberlake, only to be followed by a cowboy-type singing Toby Keith. An odd night, all around. But I suppose that's what keeps me coming back. I didn't play, so I have no score to report, but that's probably for the best. I need a bit more practice I say the least.

Stay tuned for a tattoo post to be uploaded later this week. ;)

No comments: