Tuesday, September 15, 2009

New Things

This past weekend was full of new things. First of all, the Ethiopian New Year was on Sunday, and it was my first time celebrating it. I have observed the Persian New Year for several years now, and I'm starting to greatly enjoy the concept of celebrating more than just the American New Year. Think about it - I get to have a party on January 1, in mid spring, AND in fall! If anyone knows of other New Years, let me know. We should plan a party!

I also got a new toaster this weekend. Well, new to me. It was a hand-me-down of sorts. But it seems to be holding it's own for the time being (I have a long, sad history with toasters. I am very excited this one might work out!). It didn't, however, get off on the right foot with my cat, Cassius, this morning. Just about the time Cassius got the courage to get close to it, it decided the toast was done and snapped up with such a force that Cassius was across the room in a split second. Awfully funny to watch, if you ask me.

Lastly, I have a new hair color. I've been wanting to go dark for some time now, but held off for the fall season (dark colors just seem to mesh better with fall). It's kinda scary to change hair colors, but also rather fun.

I hope this somehow inspires you to try something new this week. I play pool tomorrow at the worst bar on the list. But, on the bright side, we usually always come away with a good story. :)

2 comments:

Jillian said...

Welcome back to the blogoshere! I've re-listed you on my blogroll now that you are back : ).

I will try to think of something new to try out this week!

Herbal Amanda said...

I love the hair Cait, it really suits you. Very fall.