Friday, May 7, 2010

Races, Pool & Music!

I ran Bloomsday last weekend! We had the biggest turnout since some time back in the mid 1990s. Over 50,000 I believe. I ORIGINALLY thought I had shaved 15 minutes off my time from last year. Hahaha... But I didn't. I did improve by three minutes, and any improvement is great, but it certainly isn't the glory of 15 minutes!

I lost my pool game again this week, and I was pretty bummed about it because I've been practicing outside of pool nights to keep my skills up. I did have a few killer shots, though. Mike and Charlie lost, too, but Sieg and Cheree kept us in the game by winning the last two. We lost overall, but not by a landslide, so we still should be in 2nd or 3rd place in the league. One more regular season game left!

And as for music, I thought I'd revisit a musician/band I mentioned earlier. A friend of my recently went to a Florance + The Machine concert and was blown away by the stage present, quality and general fantasticness of the whole thing. Check out his review of the concert.

No comments: