Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Back By Popular Demand!

So... since I only have about three people who check this blog, and ONE of them mentioned how nice it would be if I returned to posting personal updates, I feel like that's grounds for revising my blog's mission - "by popular demand." I can say that, right? :)

Well, first of all, I need to inform EVERYONE that I've crossed off one of my 'things to do before I die' items. I rode a motorcycle yesterday. Technically, I also rode it the day before, but it was only for six back-road blocks each way. Yesterday was a nice, long, healthy ride past Mini Ha-Ha along the Spokane River. Will took me to see the mountain biking area up there. Quite a hike, actually, but AMAZING! I hope to try it out some time this summer... the easy bits, that is. Some of the jumps/drops there are SCARY! But yes, back to the motorcycle... also scary and yet amazing. :)

As for pool, I've won about 3 or 4 games in a row, which is fantastic, but the most recent one was by the skin of my teeth (can we come up a phrase less gross? I mean really - there's got to be something better). I practiced a couple days ago and we'll see if it pays off tomorrow.

And, in keeping with my music-blog theme, please check out April Smith and the Great Picture Show. They're a fantastic band from Brooklyn. They "sound like The Beatles fronted by The Andrews Sisters." You'll love 'em!

2 comments:

john said...

(Wistfully dreaming of owning a motorcycle) Siggghhhhh...... :)

KOC said...

I still havent ridden on one! I have to fix that soon.