Monday, November 16, 2009

In Love With a New Genre

This past week I happened to watch the movie 'Whip It' in theaters. I am still a bit unclear as to how I came about watching a movie for teenagers with 3 other adults, but nevertheless, it happened. Even stranger, the movie was good! Drew Barrymore did a fantastic job of directing it and the soundtrack rocked my world. So much so, in fact, that I had to look it up later. It has sparked a love for a new genre that I'm not sure what to name. But I've provided some samples of three bands that I think exemplify it. Listen it these clips and let me know what you think.

The Raveonettes:



(I can't deny that the video is a little strange. Still. The music. The music is good.

Motion City Soundtrack:



(Again, what the heck kind of music video IS this?! But hey, the music is good.)

Metro Station:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRTyMUZ1m1A

Today I am a polar bear.

No comments: