Thursday, November 12, 2009

Caitlin's Activities

Sigh... Well, I can't say that I won last night. That would be lying. I CAN say that the team won overall. So, with any luck, we will have managed to pull ourselves from last place to third from last place by next week. :) I missed the first game because I was having dinner with some high school friends (and their families). But of course, that's not what Mike, our mischievous team captain, told my teammates. So when I showed up they were very interested to hear about me having dinner with a married man. And I had to correct them; that I had dinner with TWO married men! You should have seen their wide eyes. But they found it much less interesting when I also mentioned their wives and children were also present.

I lost to a man with one arm last night. And, although normally that would bug me, all I can say is THIS MAN HAS IT DOWN! He was the epitome of hard work and practice. He used a prosthetic arm and had absolutely no trouble with breaking. That is skill.

Last, but not least, I must inform everyone of my decision. Although there is no question that I'd be a BADASS roller girl, I've decided to postpone by team membership. I feel as though I'm just now starting to gain progress toward getting more time to myself and I don't want to jump into another situation that will leave me with a stressful schedule. I'm sorry to let you down. I do, however, plan on skiing a LOT this winter. And I also have been brainstorming about reason for a new blog... called "Vicarious Cait," which would be a log of all my adventures and travels around the world, so, in essence, you all could live vicariously through me, as you've made clear you'd like to do in my last posting. :) I'm not sure exactly when this trip will start... but I'm working on it!

3 comments:

Jaima said...

You lost a pool game to a guy with one arm?! Too bad Dad doesn't read your blog - he'd love that! Why'd you bury it in paragraph two? That's the lead! Too funny!

BTW If I'm going to live vicariously though you, you need to get a moterbike.

wv: parries = new fruit: pear berries :)

Cait the Bait said...

Lol... well, it wasn't the most flattering thing to say about my pool playing abilities... so I was trying to hide it. :)
And YES! I'm adding moterbike to the list. I will be sure to get one!
I like parries.
Today I am a bunny.

Herbal Amanda said...

Way to be sensible in the face of all our peer pressure ;)

wv: ingearin: verb; placing gears into a clockwork. antonym to outgearout.

Today I am a lungfish, in my mucous shell at the bottom of the sea.