Saturday, January 30, 2010

Revisiting Tattoos

So... I have been thinking about getting another tattoo. I don't plan on getting it any time soon, but I want to figure out what I want so I have some time to sit on it, consider it and change it as I see fit. The only problem is... well, the biggest one there could be: I can't decide on the content. I know I want it on my foot (I am TOTALLY stealing this idea, and I give full credit to my friend - I'm REALLY sorry for being a copy cat!). I also know I want it to be full of color. I like the concept of a phoenix, because I like things that signify strength. I also like the dragon concept, just because they are badass. But I'm not finding exactly what I want so far. I want it to be very feminine in style. Sara brought up a good idea that this new tattoo should be in honor of Havillah. I certainly like the concept, but I don't know how to work that into a tattoo. Can you guys look these pictures over and give me some feedback? Thanks!







Hmmm... but part of me likes the concept of using water. Check out the tattoo below. I'm not sure how exactly this would work on the top of my foot, but it allows me to use a lot of color and the waves are also a bit symbolic to me. I really like to colors in the second one...


3 comments:

KOC said...

I think you could make a water type concept like that "waves and flowers" one work on your foot really well. the top of a person's foot has some nice contours that I think could work really well with a flowing/water tatoo. I'll give this some thought.
PS am I the person you think you're stealing the idea from? I've said before that if I were going to get one, it would be on my foot, but I doubt that will happen. And I'm hardly the first person to think of it, haha.

Cait the Bait said...

Actually it is Will's idea... he has this really cool compass concept that you would like. He's wanted it for a long time, I guess, and is rather close to getting it (well, you know, except for the 'paying for it' bit :). But ya, PLEASE help me brainstorm in this one. I won't get it for at least another 6 months, if not a year, but I want to decide on a design soon so I can sit and think on it - make SURE I love it. :)

Jillian said...

I LOVE the second one from the top (Phoenix?). Can you make my kite tattoo in that style?