Saturday, January 16, 2010

Florence & The Machine

I must give credit and thanks to my friend Matt for introducing me to the gloriousness of Florence & The Machine. I've been listening to it every day for two weeks straight now. And I still can't get enough! I've posted my two favorite songs below, but if you like it at all, PLEASE check them out on your own time. EVERY song is incredible. EVERY song is not to be missed.

I love the use of drums (of course), but her voice, the lyrics, the fantastic build up and delivery of tempo... sigh. It is everything I want and more.



This one is a live performance (in a park), with a prelude about her influences and inspirations. Good stuff!



Okay, here's one more. (I couldn't help myself.)

Drumming Song.

4 comments:

Jaima said...

Wow. You sure know how to pick 'em. I bought the album. :) I love the Drumming Song.

Jillian said...

I left the cd you made me at Kent's and now I'm going through terrible withdrawals........

Love this stuff! Thanks for sharing.

KOC said...

Wow that is pretty cool! Incidentally, that' first video is exactly what my wedding is going to be like, minus the Viking funeral ceremony.

Cait the Bait said...

Lol! To Kara, that is fantastic. To Jill, I will make a new CD for you STAT (what does that stand for again?) and get it to you tomorrow (Saturday).