Friday, December 18, 2009

Groove

Although the hip-hop has slid in recent years to become a despicable compilation of 15-year-old artists who try to sound cool by rapping about sex, drinking and clubbing, one or two glimmers of hope have been produced recently. I've always been a fan of Jay-z, and his new stuff is (so far) not disappointing. This collaboration with Alicia Keyes is like sugar to my ears. I'm not always ecstatic about Alica Keyes, because she tends to make her voice awfully squeaky for no good reason, but her amazing voice is perfect for this song.

2 comments:

john said...

As you may be aware, I have a storied history of discerning tastes when it comes to hip/hop and or rap. This song has one of the catchiest chorus' and beat that I have heard in a really long time. Jay-Z has't always been the best lyricist, but he does a managable job here if not a bit self absorbed. He does say he's the new "Sinatra". Regardless, every time it comes on, I turn the volume up.

Cait the Bait said...

Love you John! :) Glad you forgive me for my sordid music taste, and glad you can see some quality in this particular song.