Sunday, February 1, 2009

Wild Sage, Seattle and the Steelers

My week flew by, and ended with a huge celebration. I attended a work party that was in honor of Mike, the man who is retiring and whose place I am taking at work. They told me it was also to welcome me onto the team, but I didn't want to steal any attention away from Mike (who has been such a blessing to me as I learn all these new responsibilities), and I mostly wanted to get to know my co-workers better. As it turned out, however, I had THE BEST WINE IN THE WORLD. I'm not sure how much it runs, but try Kim Crawford Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc from Australia. So incredible. As was the calamari, which I had never tried before.

I left town at 11 p.m. after the dinner and headed to see Sara's new place in Seattle. Although the weather over the pass was less than wonderful, I appreciated driving through Seattle in the quiet of the night, the whole freeway to myself. (I am not so great with city driving, especially while I'm headed to a location I've never been to before.) The weekend was amazing. Catching up with girlfriends is a wonderful blessing. It all ended too soon, though! While I was able to buy several new outfits for work, walk around Green Lake (my favorite!), have breakfast with Sara's family, see an old friend from high school and explore Sara's cute new neighborhood, there was plenty we didn't have time to get around to.

I had a deadline, though! I needed to get home to watch Bruce do the halftime show! And man, I sure made it RIGHT on time! I pulled in right as halftime started. And Bruce did amazing. Blew my socks off. As did the Steelers. Normally I wouldn't care either way, but this particular season I watched more Seahawks games (because of Scott) and Steelers games (because of his best friend) than any other team. And the fact that one of those two teams actually MADE it meant that I HAD to root for them.

I'm off to veg out before heading to bed and then work tomorrow. What a whirl-wind weekend!

1 comment:

KOC said...

Fun times! Thanks for driving so much and I'm glad your car started back up ;)